- Amelia Arria from the University of Maryland, arguably one of the most in-demand speakers in the country, will be presenting on her incredible work addressing the academic “cost” of substance use, including examining the impact of marijuana use, prescription stimulant misuse, implications on and for college campuses, and her team’s recent work promoting the power of parents to impact student health. She was a keynote speaker at the most recent NASPA Strategies conference.
- Rob Reff from Oregon State University will be presenting on ways to create recovery centric campuses from recovery hostile environments, which continues CCSAP’s commitment to providing professional development sessions on ways to support students in recovery. Rob was a keynote speaker on this topic at the Ohio State University’s Higher Education Center’s national conference.
- Leah Kareti with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) will discuss engaging athletics in prevention of high-risk alcohol use, with lessons learned from a national learning collaborative. Leah is well known across NASPA small colleges and NCAA Division III given her role with the national alcohol prevention effort, 360 Proof.
- Jason Kilmer from the University of Washington will present on brief interventions for marijuana with college students, particularly mandated students following a policy violation.
This year’s meeting will be at Seattle University on Monday, May 23rd, 2016, tentatively scheduled to go from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (times are subject to change).
- As we have done in past years, we will send out additional details to everyone who has registered (e.g., information on parking, the detailed agenda, etc.).
- Thanks to the hard work of Ryan Hamachek, a steering committee member and our host at Seattle University, there is a discounted rate until May 13th (or until rooms sell out) at the Silver Cloud Inn. Please see the Reservation Profile Booking Instructions for instructions on how to book a room. Regardless of whether you need a room or not, please let us know if you will be coming. Click here for CCSAP 2016 Reservation Profile Booking Instructions
- Register by Friday, May 20, and please forward this to colleagues within your institution (or at other colleges/universities in our state). We want to continue to break attendance records as we all work together to serve our college students! Simply provide your name, email, and organization through the following link: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jkilmer/302161